Thank you for visiting Three Hierarchs Greek Orthodox Church website. We are a small, vibrant Orthodox Christian Community of all ages and backgrounds. While we are rich in Greek tradition, many of our members journeyed to the Orthodox Church from other faith heritages, traditions and denominations. Our services are primarily in English. Whether you are "on a journey" or just want to visit a local Orthodox Church, you are always welcome to join us for a service.
We also extend a warm welcome to students and professors at the University of Illinois. We hope you will make Three Hierarchs your spiritual home during your stay.
Due to the Coronavirus and the size of our church, we have limited seating available for services. We currently can have a maximum of 25 people attending a service. We also must keep records of who is attending for contact tracing purposes. Therefore, if you would like to come to one of our church services, please use the following sign-up sheet.
For your safety, we have many guidelines in place. These include:
- If you feel ill, or if you feel you are at high risk, we ask you to refrain from attending services in person.
- Attendees are required to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth during the service.
- If you wish to sing, please hum along with the chanter or sing very quietly.
- Family groups should maintain six feet of distance from other family groups. Safe distances have been measured and marked with an X.
- Parents should try to keep kids within arms reach. They cannot run around the church.
- Please keep all personal items with you. Using the coat room for storing personal items is not allowed.
- Please do not linger in the building before or after services.
- Venerating icons should be done with a bow, rather than kissing the icons.
- Hand sanitizer is laid out at the entrance to the church, and we encourage people to use it when they enter.
- The church will be sanitized after each service.
- Pew books have been removed. If you want to follow along with the service, we encourage you to use your smart phone, and go to AgesInitiatives to find the appropriate service.
If you cannot or do not wish to attend in person, we encourage the faithful to stream our services on Facebook Live. Like our Facebook page, and you will be notified whenever a service is being streamed. Important Note: You do not need to have a Facebook account in order to watch these videos. Simply click on the button below.
Great Vespers - 6:30 pm
Orthros - 8 am
Divine Liturgy - 9 am*
*Approximate Time - Divine Liturgy Always Immediately Follows Orthros
Outside of Sundays, Orthros service length can be highly variable
Services are primarily in English.
Please refer to our parish calendar for weekly and feast day services.
*Confessions by Appointment*
This Week at
Did you miss a sermon?
Watch and Listen
2020 11:30 am - 7 pm
Greek food, live music and Hellenic dancers.